For updated information on Tax Treaty Network, kindly click here to access the official website of the Mauritius Revenue Authority (Tax Authority in Mauritius)
A Global Business Category 1 Company wishing to benefit from the tax relief under the Double Taxation Agreements, requires a Tax Residence Certificate (TRC), which is issued by the Commissioner of Income Tax in Mauritius. To be tax resident, the company must demonstrate that the "effective management and control'' is in Mauritius. To satisfy this test the applicant company is required to:
- Have at least 2 resident directors in Mauritius
- Chair and initiate Board Meetings from within Mauritius.
- Maintain an account with a local bank through which funds must flow.
- Maintain its registered office and all statutory records in Mauritius.
- Have a local qualified company secretary.
- Have a local auditor.
Investors should ensure that the above relevant conditions are also satisfied in the country of investment to guarantee eligibility of DTA benefits.
Alliance provides professional resident directors who will initiate and chair board meeting.